What's love but a second-rate emotion?
Met up with some of my old school friends today and was struck by how much people are growing up. It's a recurring theme for me isn't it, this transition phase. Catching up on all the gossip - one of the girls in my year became Miss Hooters Nottingham of the year - what a claim to fame huh. Another, one of the really bitchy rich girls is still working in a bar (supposedly deputy manager, but yeah whatever). My friend Kathryn has just moved in with her boyfriend, another school person got married recently, Susanna has four weddings to go to this summer, and everyone else seemed to be in fairly serious long term relationships. Suddenly I'm like 'Woah! Is everyone getting coupled up??' And then there's me. Total commitment-phobe, scared of being tied down, but also who really likes falling asleep next to someone else, wandering around holding hands and the feeling of being loved and in love. Little bundle of conradictions huh. Maybe I'll figure it all out when I meet the right one. Let's hope so. And not just that I'm letting all the potentially right one's pass me by as I try so fervently to hold on to my independence.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home