Bonnie Scotland

It really is beautiful here. It's definitely one of the two most beautiful places I have been too, the other is the Nile, particularly around Aswan. I love how untouched it is. Yesterday I walked out along a pipe thing towards the sea. Standing looking out, you see nothing human. Above the sea the wheeling seagulls effortlessly ridethe air currents. The skies are so wide, burnished gold and pink whenthe sun sets. At times the clouds open and light streams through thegaps,creating almost palpable columns reaching down to the sea. Thehorizon stretches out as far as you can see, curving around you, and perpetrating the myth that the world is flat. The sea itself sparkles in the light, changing colour from a bright aquamarine to a deep inkyshade of blue-black. The rocks are spectacular: craggy hulks risingout of the sea. They look like petrified trees, cut into ridges. Those that have been smoothed by the waves are black and shiny, curved into almost living shapes. It's not particularly warm, and it is showery, but I don't think you would go to Scotland for a week in the sun. If you wanted awe inspiring views and breathtaking scenery though, I have certainly never visited anywhere more fitting.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home